Monday, September 30, 2013

Interview with Matthew Munson.....................

Today we have an author that comes to us from the United Kingdom. He is Matthew Munson and can be credited with several publications. Read on to learn more about this author.

  1. How long have you been writing?

             Since I was 10. I can be very precise about that, as I remember it quite distinctly; I was in a geography class at primary school, which my teacher knew I hated. To at least keep me in the room, she allowed me to write a story instead of just leaving, and I wrote about a space-faring cowboy who rides up to the moon on a dinosaur.

  1. How long have you been a published author?
            For the past three years, ever since I had a piece of flash fiction published in an anthology released by an American publisher. Since then, I’ve gone to have a short story and two full-length novels published.

  1. What titles do you have available?
            Imagine came out in November 2010 in an anthology called Daily Bites of Flesh 2011: 365 Days of Horrifying Flash Fiction (by Pine Hill Press), then The Life and Times of a Zombie appeared in an anthology called Chivalry is Dead (May December Publications) in June 2011.
  
            I was fortunate to then have my first full-length novel, Fall From Grace, published by Inspired Quill in October 2011, and its sequel (Leap of Faith) came out this year, in September 2013.
  
           Sorry, all very factual, that bit! To summarise, I’ve had an excellent relationship with a new indie publishing house called Inspired Quill, who have only been going two years and already got nine or ten authors under their belt.
    
          Both Fall From Grace and Leap of Faith are contemporary fantasy novels, based around angels, fallen angels and humans. It’s set on Earth, in my home town, and in a spirit realm.

  1. What made you choose the subject of this book?
            I’m fascinated by mythology, and the various stories of religion, both ancient and modern, made me try and consider ways to merge my own storytelling with some of these other stories. I don’t have any faith myself, but tried to be respectful when making use of stories that some people do hold dear.

  1. Do you have any new titles coming soon?
            Not for the moment! I’ve just had Leap of Faith (Fall From Grace’s sequel) come out, so I’ve taken a couple of weeks off to absorb the enormity of being doubly-published, and now I’m going to start work on a sci-fi story.

  1. What is your favourite genre and why?
            I’m a huge sci-fi & fantasy fan; I love China Mieville, Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, etc. They’re all living legends, as far as I’m concerned, and Arthur C Clarke will remain a great for decades to come.


  1. What, to you, is the most exciting part of the writing process?
             Merging the characters and storyline together; no matter how much I can prepare for a story, it evolves as I go along, and often I’m guided by the characters’ personalities as to where to take the story. They’re the ones really in charge of the novel-writing process.

  1. If you could co-author a book with anyone, who would you choose and why?
             Well, there are some legends in literature – some of which I’ve mentioned – so I’d love to work with of them. There’s also some other, new writers on the scene that would be cool to work with, such as Craig Hallam, Ben Hennessy, Hugo Jackson et al. Maybe one day?

  1. Where can readers find you on the web?
           I’m mildly technophobic, but Sara-Jayne, MD, Owner and All-Round Good Egg at Inspire Quill, has couched me admirably over the past couple of years, and I am now the proud owner of a website & blog at www.matthewmunson.co.uk, which I need to update more regularly, but welcome followers and comments.

          I also have a Facebook page, www.facebook.com/matthewmunsonauthor, which I check more regularly.
                                                                                                                                 


Where to find Matthew's books:
      Fall From Grace

      Leap of Faith

                                                                       


    Fall From Grace & Leap of Faith are both available from Amazon, Waterstones, W H Smiths, play.com – and many others – for just £7.99 each. Good value ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment