Friday, December 16, 2016

Firebird Cover Reveal; Deborah Leigh Author

***COVER REVEAL***
Firebird (A Survivor series novel)
By
Deborah Leigh
Dark contemporary romance with a HEA
Release Date 4th of January 2017

firebird-high-resolution-ebook
 

 Blurb: When the worst thing imaginable happens to Mary Dougal, her physical body might have survived but her soul feels like it has died. Now the only thing getting her up every morning is the thought of revenge. Making her attackers pay will be the final act in her life. Feeling like half a man after a tragic accident, former soldier Cain “Ace” Turner has given up on even the idea of love. He’s focused on building his construction business and trying to leave his painful past behind him. With his family’s support and sometimes unwelcome meddling, he tries to just live one day at a time. Of course love doesn’t give up that easily, and it just might be the only thing to save them both. When these two meet and get surprised by possibilities, can they prove together that love truly conquers all?  

Short Excerpt:     I immediately call the number he gave me and an incredible voice answers the phone. A voice that screams masculinity. “Ace Construction, can I help you?” I have no idea why the voice makes me nervous, but I stutter when I speak. “Um … y-yes … well … I-I-I … need a quote on fixing up m-m-my house,” I eventually get out and I feel my face redden. I haven’t been this flustered in years. He laughs at me, but in such a jovial way, I have no anger. “Certainly, we can do that. Is it a full renovation or more of a refresh?” “I bought an old house that I fell in love with, but I’m afraid it needs a lot of work. I know it would probably be cheaper to demolish and rebuild, but I really want to make her beautiful again,” I say, extremely thankful that he can’t see the blush through the phone line. “I’m so sorry, I feel like such an idiot. You would think I have no manners. I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Cain Turner.” The foreign feelings his voice elicits have me quite skittish. I can’t help but try and picture him as we chat. “Oh, I’m sorry too. I’m Phoenix McCloud. I bought my house through David Turner. Is he a relation?” “Yes, he’s my big brother,” he tells me. I’m not sure if I should be worried or not. David was an extremely efficient realtor, but it feels weird that he didn’t just tell me this is his brother’s company. I’ll have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, the rich male voice of Cain Turner has me intrigued. “When can I come and see the house?” he adds. “I have the day off, so today would be good if it suits you?” “That’ll be perfect. Can I have the address and a time please?” I give him the address and agree to meet him at one o’clock. For a reason I can’t explain, I’m looking forward to it.

****** 

When I meet Cain outside my house that afternoon, I learn that my imagination did nothing to prepare me for the beauty of him. He’s a tall, tanned Adonis with dark golden-blond hair, emerald green eyes, and gorgeous plump lips. When he smiles, he has the most amazing dimple. What skin I can see exposed by his short-sleeved T-shirt is covered with colorful tattoos. My whole body comes alive just being near him. He puts art to shame, and he does something I thought I’d never experience again. He makes my heart flutter. It frightens me. As a protective move, I step away from him, putting the hood of my parked car between us. I know if he touches me I’ll freak out. “Mr. Turner?” I greet him. He seems to observe my body language and doesn’t step around the car to try and shake hands, which earns him a point in his favor. “Cain, please,” he replies in his deep voice. “Or Ace if you want to keep it casual. You must be Ms. McCloud.”

20141106_210537-1


 Author Bio: Hi my name is Deborah Leigh and I'm a 40 something stay at home mom to a wonderful Angelbaby, Hannah-Rose, who has special needs. Writing is my passion and in any spare time I might have, I read a lot. My dream day is relaxing with my little one with lots of cuddles in my pajamas and writing up a storm in the evening. I love chocolate and coffee and just about anything else delicious and bad for you. I live in South Africa and I sometimes envy places where it snows.

Find me on Facebook at https://web.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10000809476

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outreach and Cimmerian Shade Boxset